Davey
Acquasafe

The fast, safe and cost effective way to protect your family.

DAVEY

Acquasafe

Why should your tank water be treated?

Here are some of the things that can contaminate the water in your tank:

  • Bird, possum and other animal droppings on your roof that get washed in to your water supply.
  • Live animals and insects (i.e. mosquitoes) that have access to your tank
  • Dead animals such as dead rats, mice and birds etc that find their way in and decompose there
  • Decaying leaves and accumulated dirt in your eaves and gutters that get washed in
  • Algae and bacteria in the sludge that builds up in your tank and gutters as a result of irregular cleaning.

When your tank water gets contaminated, parasitic cysts such as Giardia and Cryptosporidium and bacteria like E. coli and Campylobacter can grow, making it unsafe for you and your family or visitors to drink. It also becomes smelly and has a bad taste making it unpleasant to drink.

The reasons to protect your precious tank water might be obvious, but the best way to do so may not be.